Monday, March 26, 2018

Jumpin’ Jehosaphat!

Do you remember the very first time your child successfully jumped?  I do.  Wanna know why?  Because A) it just happened this past weekend, and B) this is something we’ve been working on for a loooonnnngggg time.  I honestly thought we were still quite a ways off.  But it happened. 


At 3 years, 6 months, and 21 days old – Ellie jumped.  And today, she even showed her therapist at school that she is now jumping.  I also know the exact day when she took her first solo steps – and jumping came exactly 1 year, 2 months, and 8 days after learning to walk.  Boy, oh boy, did this momma cheer.  It also happened while we were at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery and I was worn thin from a long day of running and chasing kiddos… and Ellie was being grumpy.  I’d just changed her diaper (which she vehemently protested while laying down) – but once up, she jumped… and turned my grumpy into pure joy.  This kid – I tell ya!  Okay.  That is all.  I had to put this in the blog for posterity.  Carry on with your day!

A big shout out to the MVDSA for hosting our World Down Syndrome Day celebration at the Boonshoft.  Crazy fun - which lead to crazy tired.

Playing in the sandbox/landfill - rubber "sand" is a brilliant idea.

 
Building a tower... and knocking it down with great laughter.

Fossils??  Lance was in his element here.

This is just funny.

Mary and I rode down together.  Her kids were much more calm than mine - JEALOUS!
Here they were all watching the animal demonstration.

Mack and Ellie working in the pizza cafe. 

Logan & Ellie making pizza.

Kaleb was taking orders.

Logan & Ellie learning about recycling... errrr, spinning the gears.

Kaleb & Ellie at the giant water table.

Lance petting the hedgehog

Grant petting a hissing cockroach.  This makes my skin crawl.


Okay - Ellie just drug a whole bag of puff corn out and if I don't go catch her, it's likely to all be eaten in the next 3 minutes.  Monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment